- LIST OF EPICA WORK PACKAGES & DELIVERABLES
- WP1: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
This work package (WP1), is led by ICDE, the coordinator, in close collaboration with the local managerial, financial and administrative support infrastructures at the partner organisations. The overall objective of WP1 is to ensure the fulfilment of the contractual obligations towards the European Commission (EC) and among the project beneficiaries, as established in the Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement. In support of the activities and objectives of this WP, a project management structure and internal progress monitoring and reporting cycle and associated decision making process, is established.
This objective is further divided into the following specific objectives:
- To effectively monitor the project, in administrative, technical and financial terms and to ensure its strategic management;
- To guarantee an efficient use of resources, determined progress towards the project objectives and active knowledge exchange through promoting open and active communication, synchronised and joint work, exploiting synergies and professional handling of opportunities, proposals and risks to the adherence of the work to the overall project plans, available resources and timing;
- To offer the necessary interface to the EU services and external actors;
- To assure the high quality of the project outcomes and to guarantee that the project development will be in line with existing and emerging standards and application guidelines;
- To guarantee that all ethical and legal issues related to the project activities and the EPICA impact, are considered and any relevant conventions are being respected; and
- To stimulate an open and collaborative working atmosphere in the consortium.
- ✓D1.1Quality Management PlanReport
- ✓D1.2Ethics, Data Protection and Privacy Management PlanReport
- ✓D1.3Shared WorkspaceOther
- ✓D1.4Data Management Plan PDF Open Research Data Pilot
- ✓D1.5Innovation and IP Management PlanReport
- WP2: BUSINESS AND SUSTAINABILITY PLAN
This work package (WP2), is led by MYD, with a major contribution of all partners. It's scope is the commercialisation of the project's results after the end of its lifetime. This WP includes all the necessary tasks for the creation, adoption and validation of successful sustainability strategy, considering all steps in the addressable value chain and market parameters, and the maximisation of possibilities through the power of localisation in Sub-Saharan countries.
The objectives are to:
- Raise awareness about the project results and activities;
- To define the business strategy and analyse the market and competition, quantify the risks and financial needs;
- To create the materials that will guide the systematic process and method to implement the in-service e-portfolio approach
- To perform a localisation program to join Sub-Saharan HUB(s) and sum local SMEs/start-ups to the EPICA Joint Venture; and
- To evaluate the in-service e-portfolio business model and refine it based on the feedback from WP6 and WP7.
- –D2.1Market Research, Business Models & Financial Analysis for Sustainability - First ReportReport
- –D2.2Public and Donors' Pre-Procurement FrameworkPublic Report
- –D2.3Localisation Program ReportPublic Report
- –D2.4EPICA ePortfolio Implementation Pack Materials and ResourcesReport
- –D2.5Market Research, Business Models & Financial Analysis for Sustainability - Final ReportPublic Report
- –D2.6EPICA Joint Venture Agreement and Commercial IPR Management PlanReport
- WP3: DISSEMINATION, COMMUNICATION AND EXPLOITATION
This work package (WP3), is led by ICWE, with a major contribution of all partners, it aims at disseminating the project results to all the interested stakeholders through several channels;
- To promote awareness of the EPICA consortium and it's activities and objectives;
- To promote acceptance of the overall need and rationale for EPICA and it's intended results; and
- To promote adoption of the main results of EPICA by the stakeholder groups.
- ✓D3.1Plan for the Exploitation and Dissemination of ResultsReport
- ✓D3.2EPICA Promotional Material PDFOther
- ✓D3.3EPICA Website PDFWebsites, Patents, Filing etc.
- ✓D3.4First Country-Specific Workshops PDFWorkshops
- –D3.5Final County-Specific WorkshopsWorkshops
- –D3.6EPICA Final ConferenceConference
- –D3.7Final Plan for the Exploitation and Dissemination of ResultsPublic Report
- WP4: PEDAGOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS
This work package (WP4), is coordinated by UOC and involves especially the three other universities (OUT, MAK, MU) and the technological partner (MYD). It aims at establishing the pedagogical and technological requirements and sets the basis for the co-design of the EPICA ePortfolio.
The objectives are as follows:
- Co-design the ePortfolio ecosystem, through a User-Centred Design approach, involving teachers, students and administrators from the start of the project, to address the specific requirements of the involved end-user communities in the selected countries.
- Specification of pedagogical requirements for the EPICA ePorfolio.
- Definition of the technological requirements for the ePortfolio
- Definition of the legal requirements for the ePortfolio /data protection, privacy, etc.
- –D4.1ePortfolio Maturity and Needs ReportReport
- –D4.2Requirements Report (List and Definition of Pedagogical, Technological, Legal and Business Requirements)Report
- –D4.3Features Report (List and Description of Features, New or to be Adapted/Improved)Report
- –D4.4Plan for the Exploitation and Dissemination of ResultsReport
- WP5: TECHNOLOGICAL ADAPTATION
This work package (WP5), led by MYD, focusses on the the technological adaptation of the existing ePortfolio to the needs of the end-users, creating the new EPICA Competency-based ePortfolio. The WP will also count with the participation of UOC, OUT, MAK, MU, to perform the technical Integration between the ePortfolio and the existing LMS and Virtual Campus of the participating Universities. End-users (teachers, students and technicians) and usability experts, will also be involved to provide an agile feedback to MYD during the whole development process (design, prototyping, implementation, testing).
The objectives are:
- To adapt, develop and implement the new EPICA competency-based ePortfolio responding to the pedagogical, technological and legal requirements established in WP4;
- To develop communication between the EPICA ePortfolio and the existing LMS and Virtual Campus already in use in the participant Universities (UOC, MAK, MU, OUT); To test the solution with regard to the new implementations/features, their integration and the whole system; and To assure quality during the whole development and integration process.
- –D5.1Development Roadmap and UI DesignReport
- –D5.2EPICA ePortfolio Prototype and DocumentationDemonstrator
- –D5.3EPICA ePortfolio Final Version and DocumentationDemonstrator
- WP6: PILOT
This work package (WP6), aims at implementing and evaluating the EPICA technology by the end-users. The WP will be coordinated by UOC, and will have major contributions of the three African universities (OUT, MAK, MU) and MYD. MYD will be in charge of the training activities in the preparatory phase of the pilot, and for technological support during the pilot. All four universities participate with 100-150 students each in a simultaneous pilot of approximately 6 months.
The objectives are:
- Define the general methodology of the pilot
- To ensure the coordination and communication between technological partners, students, teachers and coordinators
- To implement the necessary training and support actions and create/provide the related support material
- To perform the pilot in the 4 Universities
- To define the pilot evaluation framework (including criteria, indicators, and evaluation tools)
- To involve end-users in the development by means of agile development methodology To measure the quality of the implementations in terms of technical performance
- To set the basis for the validation phase (WP7)
- –D6.1EPICA Pilot PlanReport
- –D6.2Pilot Handbook for Teachers, Trainers and StudentsReport
- –D6.3EPICA Pilot ReportPublic Report
- WP7: VALIDATION
This work package (WP7), aims at validation the overall project results, from the co-design to the technological development and implementation during the pilots. The WP is coordinated by ICDE, all partners are involved, and AVU will have to gather the experiences for the African countries.
The objectives are:
- To consolidate and analyse the results of WP3, WP4, WP5, WP6
- To validate the EPICA ePortfolio Implementation and take-up model
- To elaborate a comprehensive assessment based on the impact indicators
- Technological validation of the system validation
- To analyse the technological, economic and social impact at national and regional level
- To address future challenges and strategies
- –D7.1Data Analysis MethodologyReport
- –D7.2Set of Data Gathering ToolsReport
- –D7.3EPICA Final Report: Social Impact and Behavioural ChangePublic Report
- Public Deliverable
- Confidential Deliverable for Members of the Consortium