May 24, 2018 : Posting Date
May 25, 2018 : Effective Date
ICWE GmbH as lead dissemination partner for the EPICA Initiative maintains this website on behalf of the EPICA Consortium.
This information is:
- Of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- Not necessarily comprehensive or complete;
- Sometimes linked to external sites. However, this does not imply the consortium endorses these sites, or that it assumes responsibility for these sites;
- Not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Our goal and duty is to keep this information accurate and timely. If errors are brought to our attention, we will endeavour to correct them.
We aim to minimise disruption caused by technical errors, however we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The EPICA Consortium accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
EPICA’s data policy is compliant to the conditions as set out in the EPICA Grant Agreement 780435, CHAPTER 4.
EPICA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We want to ensure that you get the opportunities, information, content, news, and experiences that are of most interest to you. EPICA is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients, members, readers, speakers, delegates, exhibitors, sponsors, partners, employees, contractors, volunteers, and other contacts.
Information We Collect
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the information or support you request. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. EPICA may collect the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained below:
- Your full name, email address, phone number, job title, and company affiliation, when you contact EPICA and/or subscribe to one of the services on our website.
- If you decide to register and/or purchase a ticket for one of our events, we or our third-party payment service processors may collect your purchase and payment information.
- This may contain your mailing address, Taxpayer Identification (SSN, EIN), or other government-issued identification, signature, and credit card or bank account information.
- Information about the device(s) you use
- Information about service usage
- Authentication data
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us
How We Use Your Information
EPICA uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions. EPICA uses personal information such as name, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about event participation. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with credit card clearing houses and banks to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. EPICA may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new opportunities and developments.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of our website. EPICA may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of our websites (for example, to facilitate navigation, avoid duplicate data entry, and enhance security).
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event (collectively, “events”.) We may communicate with you about an event hosted, organised or co-sponsored by EPICA or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed by EPICA on behalf of a third party, may be shared with the said party, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of that party. EPICA may contact you after an event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that EPICA sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties you may meet at an EPICA event may directly request your personal information at their event booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To update you on relevant EPICA programmes and opportunities. We may communicate with you regarding relevant programmes and opportunities available to you, as part of the EPICA community.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver services of most interest to our community, we may ask, via email, and/or our website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys, usability studies, focus groups).
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: EPICA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store information in locations outside the direct control of EPICA (for instance, on servers or databases with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our sites or social media channels, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our sites or 3rd party services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn), or if other users have copied or saved that information. You will need to contact or login into the third party applications, if you want the personal information that was posted to their sites removed. To learn how a third party uses your information, please review their specific privacy policies.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage of data, URLs, company presentations, website metrics, etc.) with our partners. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
Personal data about minors and children
EPICA does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 18 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us.
Storage and Processing
We may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the European Union.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the service.
- If you wish to access or amend any personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, please contact us at the address below. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
- You may update, correct or delete your information and preference at any time by contacting us or our third party services providers.
- Any changes you make will be reflected in active user database instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligation, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the services we offer.
- At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Your European Union privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to the address below with “GDPR Request” in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with.